Sambalpur Hiteishini , the first weekly Odiya newspaper in Western Odisha was published in 1889 May 30th from Jagannath Ballav Press, Deogarh by Raja Basudev Sudhala Dev . During that period, Sambalpur area was in Central Province. Nilamani Bidyaratna was editor of the news paper . ‘Sambalpur Hiteishini’ was feeding news on contemporary social conditions, development of agricultural system, need for co-operatives, industries, commerce, transport, prohibition , female education , national and international news. Poets like Gangadhar Meher , Fakir Mohan Senapati, Radha Nath Rai enriched ‘Sambalpur Hiteishini’ through their poetry, and writings.
Sudhala Press was firstly established in Cuttack in 1885. Sansaraka, and Sebaka were being published at Sudhala Press, Cuttack. Later on, Sudhala Press was shifted to Deogarh, and it was renamed as Jagannath Ballav Press. Sansaraka & Sebaka were published at Jagannath Ballav Press, after its establishment. In 1911, this Press was renamed as Hiteishini Electric Machine Press, after an electric machine was installed in the press building. This was named as Electric Press from 1923 to 1948 . Last copy of ‘Sambalpur Hiteishini’ was published in 1923, and then Sambalpur Hiteishini was closed. Raja Bhanuganga Tribhubandev published ‘Sankha’ from this Press. Poet Dr Mayadhar Mansingh was the Editor of ‘Sankha’. In 1948, the state of Deogarh was merged into the state Odisha and in the process, this press was owned by Government of Odisha.
Government of Odisha shifted two printing machines in April 2014, from Deogarh to Cuttack, had earlier shifted two printing machines to Cuttack. Government of Odisha wanted to establish a museum at Cuttack and preserve those in the said museum.Public from Deogarh demanded that a museum should be established at Deogarh and the printing machines should be preserved for future, should not be shifted to Cuttack.